22.10.2015

Spooky GDT for Craft Rocket Challenge


Haha, no, I'm not spooky! But the theme over at CRC are! Spooky!



I am happy to join Craft Rocket Challenges as a GDT for this challenge. CRC is a new challengeblog on the block, with a very talented owner and Design Team! Make sure to visit them!

I used a great image from Make It Crafty called "Frazzled Cat". I had quite some job to figure out HOW on earth print on black paper... (I still want a printer with white ink!). Papers are Bo Bunny, luckily in matching colors (!) since I tend to color first and then hunt down matching papers.




I love using black. Black papers, black pencils, black markers... for everything, not only shading. After "converting" entirely to Prismacolor pencils, my huge amount of Promarkers collect dust. This time I picked up my Black and Cool Grey 5 (Promarkers).
----
So how did I do this?
1. Printed the image as usual
2. Used the Cool Grey 5 to trace the black lines of the image
3. With the black marker; I colored the entire background and inside of the image, leaving a thin rim for the cool grey to show where the lines are. You might have to this several times to get a even layer of black... (I have several black markers, so not afraid of using them *lol*)
4. Picked up my pencils to make the fur. I used White and greys. For the eyes and wings I used a dark green, and a light green yellowish pencil to make the eyes really pop in the darkness...
5. To make some areas in the black more shiny, I used my black pencil.

Other solutions: If your not afraid of using a lot of printer ink, you can manipulate the image to show white lines on black background. Or if you have a Silhouette, or similar machine, use a white pen instead of cutting blade ( I used that feature on my retired Silhouette, but not on my new Cameo. I totally forgot I had this option when making this coloring... )
---

That's it from me, thank you for reading!
Thank you to Lisa and CRC for this GDT spot, I wish you all the best :)

---Challenge entries---
(TBA)

6 kommentarer:

  1. Fabulous Spooky Cat Card Lisbeth. Thanks for joining us as our Guest Designer for this challenge. Lisa Craft Rocket Challenges

    SvarSlett
  2. I love this. Thank you for joining us over at Craft Rocket :) hugs. Traci. xx

    SvarSlett
  3. What a brilliant image, love it! Claire x

    SvarSlett
  4. Wow!! That is quite a stunning effect you've achieved with the black cat!! Really love the fur detailing and eyes!! Sounds like something very cool to try out!! :) Thanks so much for joining us a guest for the Craft Rocket challenges!! HUGS

    SvarSlett
  5. Those green eyes surely pops off that cat... love the colroing~

    SvarSlett
  6. Thank you for being our first guest designer on Craft Rocket Challenges with the glow in the dark spooky card it is marvelous..........Lis DT CRC

    SvarSlett

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...