26.04.2015

Topsy Turvy Mismatch with Lacy Sunshine


This time we have a really fun challenge for you, its time for


#57 Topsy Turvy Mismatch!

Confused? What we want you to do is to take an image clearly meant for one thing and make something that mismatch! A Valentine image for a Helloween card, an Easter image for a birthday card.


I choosed Daphne Pin Up- an image I would consider as a birthday/to-my-best-friend/maybe a communion kind of image. I used it for a Christmas card in VERY untraditional colors and to be honest- I had a blast making it! 

See something else strange about my card? The image looks kind of grainy doesn't it? From an angle;


After finished coloring I was really happy with it, look; she even got makeup on! Thats something new for me :) But I wanted to try something more. Something I have had on my "things to try-list" for two years: covering an image with microbeads. I did it! I took a thin, a very thin, layer of glue over the entire image and sprinkled loads of microbeads over it. I love how it turned out :) 




I also borrowed my moms sewing machine- I can't sew! I didn't even manage to get "straight foreward" stitches with it *lol* Other things I have used; seam binding ribbon, Distress Ink, raindrops, white leafs, roses in different sizes and colors, MS snowflake punch, MS corner punch (for the circle behind the image), and berries. Unknown sentiment stamp. DP from Maya Design.

Will get my recipe card in here when Blogger is done acting up.






Pop over to the Lacy Sunshine Challenge blog and have a look at all the beautiful cards from rest of the DT, and join us in the fun! You don't have to use an image from Lacy Sunshine Stamps to join us, but we love it when you do! And don't forget the loyalty programme in which if you used a LS image in the last challenge you can claim the current giveaway for free!

Challenges:
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #8: Anything Goes
Eclectic Ellapu # Out of Comfortzone with the Pink Team(untraditional Christmas card, both image and colors)
Open Minded Challenges #35 Shabby Chic
Simply Papercraft #3 Anything Goes or Layers


Thanks for looking :)
Xxx

12 kommentarer:

  1. Hi Lisbeth
    Awesome card .never seen micro beads used before and photographed
    Love the dies used too .Thanks for sharing on Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge

    SvarSlett
  2. Beautiful card Hun and thanks for playing at Eclectic Ellapu this month, I hope you come back soon! xx

    SvarSlett
  3. Thanks for entering The Glory of Christmas challenge 57 with your lovely crafting, Hazel , Glory of Christmas DT x

    SvarSlett
  4. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at The Glory of Christmas. Hope to see you again next time.

    SvarSlett
  5. Very well done. Beautiful embellishments. Thank you for sharing with us at The Glory of Christmas - Myrna DT

    SvarSlett
  6. Stunning card, love the texture used so beautifully done. I'm happy to announce that you where selected as our 2nd Top 3 over at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, leave some love and don't forget your badge. I do hope we see you join us again, thanks.
    ~ Denise ~ Owner {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}

    SvarSlett
  7. Hello, A lovely project, I love the image and the colour choice. A lovely style. Thank you for joining us this fortnight. Simply Papercrafts Good luck. We would love to see you again for our next challenge.
    Chrissy (Challenge Blog Owner)

    SvarSlett
  8. I love this project the addition of micro beads is awesome Jacqui Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenges

    SvarSlett
  9. Love all the accessories your added to your creation. Thanks for sharing on the Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge #35- Shabby Chic.

    SvarSlett
  10. lovely card!
    Thanks for playing along in the Design Team Showcase.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    SvarSlett
  11. what a pretty creation!! thanks for playing along at open-minded crafting fun challenges!

    lovies =o) kel

    SvarSlett

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...