26.05.2014

Decorated notebook (DT, Through The Purple Haze)

Due to the nature of the weather conditions here, my time online is very limited. Lot of thunder and lightning, flooding and heavy rain. Im living close to a large river, and it has drowned our fields and now the water starts coming through the floor in the basement. 


Welcome to a new week :) Its a double team challenge over at
and our theme for challenge #43...
BUTTON IT UP!!!

With us as sponsors we have a long time favorite
 and a first time sponsor, all the (digital) way from South Africa:

I had a play with "Gramps" from D4J and after coloring him he found his way to the front of a notebook I bought ages ago.


The tag was originally bright white, but with a little help of promarkers (Linen and Sandstone) its not white anylonger. I used the same markers on the small paperstrips (from a music notes DP) in the background. To make the tag pretty I added a ribbon that matched my colored digi (lucky with that one!) and some bakers twine.


For his trousers I tried a new technique. Well, what I remembered of it. I think its been 2 years since I saw the tutorial *lol* I used my darkest marker and made a criss cross pattern all over his trousers. Then I added the redbrown, new criss cross with the darkest, and then the lightest color to make worn out areas. Easy as that :)

I used a wooden button, and attached it to the notebook with twine after making holes in the notebooks cover. Voila, a notebook ready to give away to a elderly man :) 

Pro/Flex:
Skin: Coral, Oatmeal, Blush
Beard/hair: Ice Grey 1, Warm Grey 1
Green: Pesto, Marsh Green
Brown: Umber (criss cross pattern), Auburn, Sandstone
Rocking chair: Umber, Sandstone

Supplies:
Notebook (set of two) from 7 Gypsies
DP from Pion
Embellies: Bakers twine, ribbon and button from stash

Thanks for visiting, and remember to add a button to your project and join us over at TTPH :)

1 kommentar:

  1. Brilliant card

    Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

    Have a fab day.

    Hugs

    Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

    SvarSlett

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...