08.04.2014

Embossing with a steampunk horse (Just Inspirational Ch DT)

Hey, new challenge over at Just Inspirational Challenges

Visit shop
Our theme this week:

EMBOSSING

And I had a go with this Steampunk Horse (direct link here)


The size of this project is 8" X 8", and I made it for myself :) Just have to find a frame and it will be on the wall. Its been so long since I made something for myself so it was about time *lol*

The papers are from the collection "Once Upon Time" from DCWV. I used a brick stencil and Distress Ink to make the brickwall, then my Emboss It Dabber for some of the bricks. Added holograpic embossing powder and heatembossed. I then curled the paper just a little and used Distress Ink for the "mountain folds" it created. I also distressed the edges of the paper. 

The real fun was embossing my gadget gears (Tim Holtz die)! First I colored my diecuts used Distress Paint "Brushed Pewter" and added a mixture of green metallic Wow! embossing powder and Espresso powder from Ranger. For the second round of embossing, I used more Espresso and a little silver metallic. I love the result!


Added some various stuff from my stash and attatced them using brads. Then layered the paper on top of the largest one. Finally some 3D glue pads to layer my horse on top. 


The horse is colored with Promarkers Cool Grey 1-5, and the red/brown is Firebrick (Flex) and two more colors I didnt keep track of.

And with this creation I call it a day for me and steampunk for a while :) 

.....I think!

Thanks for stopping by, would love if you left me a comment ;)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...