16.12.2013

Through The Purple Haze #23: Here comes Christmas (Card and paperstar)

Wow, we have reached the final challenge this year over at Through The Purple Haze! Its a great team to be a part of, and with all of the amazing projects my fellow Hazelnuts creates- inspiration is never far away! But no challenge without all of you amazing crafters all over the world who join us week after week, thank you so much!

This week we are sponsored by 

 and they gives our winner 3 beautiful stamp sets! WOW!! They are amazing!

But one more thing!
with some amazing creations from their DT!!!

So head over to 
and join us :)



So what did I make for this week? I made two things :)

First I'd like to show you my Magic Card:

I really fell in love with this rubberstamp the moment I first saw it! Say hello to: "Jolly Xmas Kitty" from Penny Blacks holiday collection back in 2008. Thank you so much "Skibban" for sending it to me <3 The Kitty is colored with Promarkers.

I distressed edges and glued panels together. I wanted the image to stand out and be the main focus, so I kept the card mostly white.

The inside is kept simple, but elegant. Stamped sentiment and diecutted it using Go Krate frames. Then stamped bells in the upper corners og the writing area. The bellstamp is from Penny Black.

Sentiment from Storyteller saying Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.


Next, my Finnish Star 

This is such a beautiful paperstar, so easy to make and extremly decorative. 


All you need is 12 paperstrips and glue :) I learned to make this many years ago, and I have done some mistakes on the folding here. So I found a tutorial here if you want to try, and not doing my mistakes ;)


 In the center I have colored a little cute mouse from the Robins Christmas stamp set. The image is layered upon two snowflakes I die-cutted and treated with Ice Resin last year. Thats why the paper seems transparent. Very cool effect :)


This is how the star looks without extra decoration.

What I have used:

Stamps from Penny Black "Jolly Xmas Kitty", mouse from Robins Christmas stamp set, bells from Holly Jolly stamp set
Sentiment from Storyteller
White and red Bazzill
Martha Stewart borderpunch
Sizzix dies (misteltoe leaves on front of card)
Pearls from Kort & Godt
Snowflake dies

Promarker colors used:

Reds: Henna, Walnut, Firebrick, Burnt Orange
Mouse: March Hare, Umber
Shadings of white: Blue Grey 1,2,3

I would like to join following challenges with my card:
http://timbroscrapmania.blogspot.it/ Challenge #84 Christmas Paper Creations
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.no/ #TPE230 (photo inspiration) - I used the colors
http://pennyblackatallsorts.blogspot.no/2013/12/december-challenge.html : Traditional Christmas Colors (red, white and a touch of green)
http://inkspirationalchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ : Challenge #45: Photo Inkspiration (I used the colors)

And for my Finnish Star I would join:
http://www.totallygorjuss.blogspot.no/ #214 Special Christmas 
Bloggers Challenge at http://www.lisasomerville.com/ Ornaments




Thanks for looking, and please leave a comment- that would make me really happy :)
Have a great day!!



11 kommentarer:

  1. Absolutely a WOW card.......lovely in every way....

    fiona DT
    TTPH

    SvarSlett
  2. goodness i love the card! its fabulous and everything thing complements, lots of white which i love with the red to break it up and that cat definitely look like he had the cream...brilliant colouring ...and then an ornament gorgeous! thank you! Anita

    SvarSlett
  3. Thiscard is fabulous.. Love your boarder. I've not seen this card design before. It is wonderful...And your cat is coloured so cutely.. love your Finnish Star too..

    Pam
    TTPH DT

    SvarSlett
  4. What a beautifully designed decoration and perfect for our themes, thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts and Penny Black and More challenges.

    B x

    SvarSlett
  5. Hi LIsbeth, great to see you joining in at Ink and with such a fabulous card, love the little kitty and the colouring is great. what a stunning decoration, your creativity blooms!!

    SvarSlett
  6. Great card, Lisbeth and I really love that star! Would love to know how you make it!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    SvarSlett
  7. Oh my, such fab creations! Love your adorable, cute card, it's just so sweet and your star is gorgeous! Perfect for Christmas! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, take care, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    SvarSlett
  8. this is adorable!! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Allsorts and good luck!

    SvarSlett
  9. Very cute! I love this Pennyblack image.

    Natasha - TPE

    SvarSlett
  10. Very cute! Thanking for visiting my blog. And yes Lisbeth I did use a die to make the embossing.

    SvarSlett
  11. How lovely, I particularly like the edges.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
    Merry Christmas
    Lynn x
    DT

    SvarSlett

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...