02.12.2013

Through The Purple Haze #21: Christmas is coming

Christmas coming up, and both my daughers have been home sick for a week. I guess they are happy returning to school and kindergarden today, I sure will be happy for that ;) For a couple of weeks ago I was the one down with the flu, so now we are all clear for Christmas huh? 

Well, over to this weeks challenge over at Through The Purple Haze! 
As my heading says; Christmas is coming! And this week its a new Double Team Challenge, and our fabolous sponsors are
 who gives one winner 3 digi's, 
and 
who gives a second winner a Goody Bag!

My projects are some chocolate cards. Inside the reciever will find a 200 gram milkchocolate, no wonder these type of cards are popular :)

I was quick choosing On Vixen from Kenny K as my digi of choice, she is so gorgeous! I used Promarkers to color her in. The card measures 11" X 3" folded. Papers from Maja Design, and the embellies are 3 snowflakes with a bling. 

Inside:
A little pocket with a tag (and place for a Giftcard?) and a sentiment. But most important... the chocolate :)


I made 3 cards, and colored all images at the same time. A red one, a blue and a brown. And these are my first coloring attempt on a new paper; 4CC 280g. It's SUUUUPER!!!


I have used different papers for the cards, and embellished them differently. 

The red version:
Stickles "Diamond" here and there, and some glossy on the bells on her thigh. The doily is Cheery Lynn, cut from coffeefilter. Flower from Petaloo, leaves and pearlstring unknown (WOC?). Sentiment "God Jul" ("Merry Christmas" in Norwegian) from Storyteller, stamped with Aged Mahogany (Distress Ink)- and clearembossed.

The brown version:

Same doily as above, but in regular printerpaper. Pearls from Kort & Godt, ribbon from Europris. Same sentiment stamped with Walnut Stain (Distress Ink), and then clearembossed. Rolled the ends around some wooden pins. Martha Stewart edge punch. DP I think is BoBunny and Maja Design.

And the blue:
Just some Diamond Stickles as small snowflakes, referring to the sentiment on the patterned paper. Snowflake punch from Martha Stewart, bling unknown.


Colors used:
Skin: Coral, blush, Light Fawn (FM). Cheeks: Pastel Pink
Hair: Ivory, Buttercup, Sleigh Bells (LE)
Red clothes: Walnut, Henna, Firebrick (FM), Burnt Orange
Brown clothes: Walnut, Henna, Cocoa, Cinnamon
Grey/browns: March Hare (LE), Morning Mist (LE), Umber, Ice Grey 1-5

I think I have covered the most...? 

Would like to join the following challenges:
http://sparklensprinklecreativechallenges.blogspot.no/ (Add glitter/embossing powder/flock)
http://abc-challenge.blogspot.com.au/ (A for Almost Christmas)



Thanks for stopping by!

14 kommentarer:

  1. Amazing cards....lovely and a great fresh idea...i love your style..

    fiona
    x

    SvarSlett
  2. Lisbeth, I love all these! Great candy gift idea...send one to me please!! LOL
    Hugs
    Darcy

    SvarSlett
  3. For en foxy berte! Disse sjokoloadekortene var skikkelig kule!

    SvarSlett
  4. These are so cool Lisbeth, love them x

    SvarSlett
  5. Great cards
    Thanks for joining in at One Stitch At A Time this week
    Hugs Katie x

    SvarSlett
  6. Wow these are fantastic. Love them all. Thanks for joining in the fun at Created with love challenges this week.
    Linda K. DT

    SvarSlett
  7. Great tags. Love the image and the different ways you colored it. Thanks for joining our Christmas Challenge at Created With Love Challenges

    ~~Chris
    Co-Owner

    SvarSlett
  8. Oh my goodness, how I'd love to find one of these very special cards in my stocking at Christmas. A woderful and very thoughtful idea . I loved seeing them in the different colours and papers but I can't pick a favourite because they are all so individual and very beautiful. Good luck in our challenge this week. Ingrid xx ( OSAAT Team )

    SvarSlett
  9. These are great projects that anyone would love to receive. Great coloring on all three versions. So glad you joined us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge this month.

    SvarSlett
  10. Like the sassy sexy image that you wonderfully colored in variety of colors. Chocolate is wonderful idea of course. I like chocolate & would like to find one of these in my stocking. Thank you for entering OSAAT Ch192 Use a Digi.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    OSAAT DT

    SvarSlett
  11. Hun I think that these are great and I love them so much. the colouring is brilliant to. Thank you for joining us over at OSAAT. From Sian OSAAT DT and your TTPH teamie

    SvarSlett
  12. Wonderfully done! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Created With Love Challenges.

    SvarSlett
  13. What a saucy looking Santa's helper. Love all the different colour combinations on each of the cards.

    Thanks for sharing with us

    Lin
    ABC

    SvarSlett
  14. Beautiful cards - great use of the stamps!! Thanks for joining us at Sparkle and Sprinkle this month and I hope to see you again soon!

    SvarSlett

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...